est.
July 23,
MonFur Board Index du Forum
MonFur (MONtréal FURry) est un groupe social de furs habitant a Montréal et environs. Dans ce forum vous trouverez plus de details sur nous, les membres, les furmeets et des liens sur trucs qui nous voulaions partager avec vous, notre invité. Allez-y explorer en clickant sur les boutons ci-dessus où les sujets ci-dessous! MonFur (MONtreal FURry) is a social group for furs living in Montreal and its surrounding areas. On this board you will find out more about us, our members, our furmeets, and find convenient links to some web stuff we wanted to share with you, our guest. Please explore by clicking the buttons above or the topics below!
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Hello's!
Aller à la page: 1, 2  >

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    MonFur Board Index du Forum -> MonFur Board -> Partager/Share -> Introductions
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Chioxin

Masculin Poissons (20fev-20mar)

MessagePosté le: 2010-07-22, 18:09    Sujet du message: Hello's! Répondre en citant

Heya, in the fancy online world... I'm usually well known as Chioxin. I've carried the name for a time and it's been many things... An elf, a tauren, a human vampire hunter, a bothan; though probably more affectionately a blue dragon. Anyhow, in this online space feel free to use that! If we are ever to meet in the real world though, my name is Greg, and I like that name a lot. =) Including the many ways people have manipulated it!

I will admit that in public I'm shy about my love of the fandom and what inspiration it's brought me in many ways. My mannerisms and the things I openly enjoy probably lead the wiser to know, but since it doesn't really matter that they know or not... I'd rather not confirm it for them. =)  I dare not let my workmates know and I'd really like this respected, as the topic has been brought up and they're all very... not appreciative of the fandom. =(

I'm an American who's now relocated to Montreal from Norway... Long story short, I told myself I'd never live outside of my country all through out college. Low and behold, job opportunities arose and I leapt at them with great delight! This lead me to live 3 years after college in Norway and now here in Montreal! I have to say, I'm growing comfortable with moving about. Sadly though, I only know English and I once knew a touch of Spanish, but probably not anymore. While I know a few words of Norwegian, the language despite lessons for a year... never really stuck with me. We'll see how French goes when those lessons start!

Regardless, I'm here. This is now my new home for AT LEAST two years and I kind of want to gather a small group of friends outside of the work place so that I might not be around them all the time, and in a way I want to grow a little more than I did while I was in Norway. I'd like to meet folk who are of the same mind set as me, who really enjoy crafting and creating things, and could teach me a few new tricks I didn't know before! Currently, I'm in the process of constructing a costume and if there are any groups that gather for such things, it would be a real hoot to get together and work on these things together! I'd love to post images and ask for feedback on it as well.

Other hobbies I enjoy are things like Warhammer 40k [I tried fantasy, didn't like the rules.] Pen and Paper RP-ing, holding board game nights and movie nights. Singstar nights for those who like to howl! Though, let's try not to disturb the neighbors too much ;3 Oh, and a fair good bit of online gaming of multiple sorts! If there's a group out there doing something, I might be keen on playing with ya if you'll have me. Oh, and hiking and camping, though at the moment I don't have the gear for it. I'd really like to see the views Canada has to offer at some point! Probably next year.

Perhaps though, for easier and more comfortable meetings, it would be a fun to hit the movies or go bowling or the like. Just remember, I've no car Wink I enjoy activities more than bars, and honestly I don't drink so I'd feel out of place and uncomfortable in those places that are usually noisy. I'd never hear you anyway =(

Dernière édition par Chioxin le 2010-08-09, 17:55; édité 1 fois
Publicité

MessagePosté le: 2010-07-22, 18:09    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Firebreath

Masculin Vierge (24aoû-22sep) 狗 Chien

MessagePosté le: 2010-07-22, 18:59    Sujet du message: Hello's! Répondre en citant

Welcome aboard, in Montreal and in Canada draggy! Smile

I believe a good place to start meeting people would be the brunch we hold every 2 weeks at Peddler's. Click here for Google Info
We have one this Sunday, so feel free to join us and get to know folks! Smile

As far as gaming goes, I'll let people take care of that themselves. ;3
However, if you do have Steam, feel free to join the Monfur & friends steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/MFandF

Also, if you could give us a rough idea where you're located, most of us would be able to coordinate better with you when the time comes to figure out what can and can't be done and who knows, maybe you've got a fur living right next door! Smile

*hugs*

Again, welcome! Very Happy

Visiter le site web du posteur
Gaius_Baltar

Masculin Taureau (20avr-20mai) 羊 Chèvre

MessagePosté le: 2010-07-22, 20:43    Sujet du message: Hello's! Répondre en citant

Awesome, welcome aboard.

I think you'll find Montreal to have a really friendly furry community.
A lot of us also seem to have common hobbies with you: gaming nights, RP games, Warhammer.

Well, hope you have fin with Monfur, and hope to meet you and possibly have a game of 40K

Chioxin

MessagePosté le: 2010-07-22, 23:32    Sujet du message: Hello's! Répondre en citant

Heya!

Well, I'm kinda right next to the McGill University really, in that area. Though I'm not a student! Past that stage of my life!

Anyhow, that makes it hard to get around, or at least for one who doesn't know where he's going yet. I've gotten a handle on the metro, but not the bus yet. I tend to walk where ever I can as much as I can! Which means, I don't really know how I'll make it out to peddlers. It's kinda really far away =) No worries though, what exactly is the place?

Gaius, sounds great =) I'm kinda lame. I play heavily with space marines, but I've been tinkering with the Tyranids as well. Granted, the new codex came out for them and I'm not sure if I have a 500 point army anymore. They did some weird things! I'm slow, i have a rule that only applies to myself. I want my own models done before I use them =) This does not [I repeat, does not!!!] apply to whomever I play with! Just myself =) It kind of motivates me to paint a group =)

Anjir

Masculin Taureau (20avr-20mai) 鷄 Coq

MessagePosté le: 2010-07-23, 11:39    Sujet du message: Hello's! Répondre en citant

Heyas, I hope you will enjoy your stay!

*hugs*
~Anj

Original Icon's Lineart by Alex_Dachshund

Ouros

Masculin

MessagePosté le: 2010-07-24, 14:54    Sujet du message: Hello's! Répondre en citant

Welcome! ^^

Chioxin

MessagePosté le: 2010-08-08, 00:53    Sujet du message: Hello's! Répondre en citant

Hey again,

I don't really know where to poke but I'm kind of desperately looking for a group of people to hang out with who have similar interest and can kind of get me into the interesting circles within the city. I do say within the city, my transportation is heavily limited to the metro and plain old walking.

Movie nights, karaoki/sing star stuff, dinners. I'm good for a lot of things. Crafting gatherings would be a lot of fun as I do really love to make things. As I've said before I love to bowl too. Hiking trips, maybe some camping but I'd need to buy some gear for both of these things. I'm pretty timid and shy at first as most people are, but once I find some common interest I'm a pretty laughy/friendly kind of guy. [Just doing this is a real stretch on my timid shy thing!!! I don't do this normally!!!]

I basically live near mount royal, near where the Platue is, if not in it. Let's meet a few times before I give away where I live exactly! =) I'd feel more relaxed about that.

Oh ya, and when's the next Sunday thing? The brunch thing, maybe i'll just metro out near there and find a cab. Dunno.

Twitchy

Féminin Gémeaux (21mai-20juin) 虎 Tigre

MessagePosté le: 2010-08-09, 09:29    Sujet du message: Hello's! Répondre en citant

Hey Chioxin,

Unfortunately you just missed the brunch (which was yesterday), and I have to double check if we're actually doing one in two weeks, as our next meet (what we call our gatherings) is in two weeks. This coming weekend a bunch of us will be at Otakuthon (an anime convention) volunteering or enjoying the con, but the weekend after is the Pool and BBQ meet (which is why I have to double check if we're having brunch beforehand). The Pool and BBQ meet is always a popular one and a great way to meet new people, as there tend to be a ton to meet ^.~ For more details on that, check out the thread in the events section of the forum.

After the pool party and bbq keep an eye out for postings for new meets in the events section, as we have a few fun ideas for meets that we hope will bring people out to. As for the smaller gatherings, such as getting together and doing board gaming, we do those as meets, but tend to do so more in the winter. However, we've also been known to do that randomly after a brunch, but after brunches is almost always random and thus, no way of announcing it beforehand.

As for getting to the brunches, it's easily accessible by public transit. It's about a 10 minute bus ride on the 106 from Angrignon metro.

LoopyWolf
Administrateur

Masculin Balance (23sep-22oct)

MessagePosté le: 2010-08-09, 09:37    Sujet du message: Hello's! Répondre en citant

40K.. awesome
Monfur #0

Chioxin

MessagePosté le: 2010-08-09, 16:27    Sujet du message: Hello's! Répondre en citant

Hey, thanks Twitchy.

Looking up the brunch thing, that I can definitely do now that I look at it. I'll probably just take the walk through the park if it's a nice enough day =) I'm just getting use to the metro system and all that stuff.

As for Otakuthon, that sounds cool though pre-registration is over apparently D=  Anyone happen to know how brutal those lines are? I'd hate to hold anyone up anyway if that were the case and I kinda don't want to hit it alone. That's just down the street for me though, not to bad. =) So perhaps that's a good chance.

I think the pool party thing is probably a bit to far away. I looked it up on google and pretty sure it's going to take an hour and forty-five minutes to get out there. I was again though considering the taxi if I can't hitch a ride. *Big puppy eye beg!* Will buy food for the one who gives lift?

Loopy! Is that a "oh god another 40k player!" awesome or a "Woot! Another 40k player!" kind of awesome? =)
Vehicular Models
Infantry Models

^..^ *Preens!* ^..^

LoopyWolf
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: 2010-08-09, 17:46    Sujet du message: Hello's! Répondre en citant

The latter
Monfur #0

Gaius_Baltar

MessagePosté le: 2010-08-09, 18:25    Sujet du message: Hello's! Répondre en citant

Yay 40K!
By the power of the moon, I shall challenge you!

a game at gamesworkshop perhaps :3?

LoopyWolf
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: 2010-08-09, 18:27    Sujet du message: Hello's! Répondre en citant

Oh MAN if you guys ever go play 40K PLEASE I wanna come see!
Monfur #0

Chioxin

MessagePosté le: 2010-08-09, 19:46    Sujet du message: Hello's! Répondre en citant

Sounds like a possible plan? The one at the Eaton Center? Or are there others that I don't know about? I can field up to 1000 points comfortably, I can stretch to 1500 but it's a bit of a cluster of dudes =) For GW tables I think 500 to 1000 seems to work best honestly. They're tables are kinda tiny!!!

Gaius_Baltar

MessagePosté le: 2010-08-09, 20:31    Sujet du message: Hello's! Répondre en citant

Yeah the Eaton's centre on is the only one around here.

They don't have much of a problem with people using more than one of their tables put together as long as there aren't any events going on.
I can go probably 2000 points easily, so perhaps a 1,250 game?

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 21:07    Sujet du message: Hello's!

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    MonFur Board Index du Forum -> MonFur Board -> Partager/Share -> Introductions Toutes les heures sont au format GMT - 5 Heures
Aller à la page: 1, 2  >
Page 1 sur 2

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation