est.
July 23,
MonFur Board Index du Forum
MonFur (MONtréal FURry) est un groupe social de furs habitant a Montréal et environs. Dans ce forum vous trouverez plus de details sur nous, les membres, les furmeets et des liens sur trucs qui nous voulaions partager avec vous, notre invité. Allez-y explorer en clickant sur les boutons ci-dessus où les sujets ci-dessous! MonFur (MONtreal FURry) is a social group for furs living in Montreal and its surrounding areas. On this board you will find out more about us, our members, our furmeets, and find convenient links to some web stuff we wanted to share with you, our guest. Please explore by clicking the buttons above or the topics below!
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

A tauren suit!

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    MonFur Board Index du Forum -> MonFur Board -> Partager/Share -> Art
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Chioxin

Masculin Poissons (20fev-20mar)

MessagePosté le: 2010-07-24, 17:20    Sujet du message: A tauren suit! Répondre en citant

Hey!

So I've had a project for the past two weeks, which was simply to get a foam head for a tuaren done. The full project will hopefully span from here until Halloween where I'll have an entire costume made of this druidy fellow. If you don't know what a tauren is, they come from a game called World of Warcraft, or well, from the world of Azeroth! I'm a big fan, though I've quit playing the game recently. Just think... Minotaur!!!

I was curious if anyone else out there actually makes these things, the fur suit things, and might be eager or more than willing to show a new guy the ropes! I'd at least be really appreciative of it. The furring and where to get the fur and how to put it on and ... and .... and... Ya it gets overwhelming when I think about all of it! So, small steps.

The head so far:
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3

Do note, that I"ll be removing that high nose bridge. It seems to make little sense and doesn't work for it at all I think. So nose bridge should look more like this.

Fabricville has said they'll start getting fur stuff in within the month, so I'm waiting on that. If you have better suggestions though, and places a guy with only a metro pass can get around to, that would be excellent.

Anyhow, if you've got any suggestions or holding any building gatherings, let me know =) All feedback is absolutely desired and welcomed.

Halloween Goals:
Finished
-Tauren Head finished
-Tail finished
-Tabard Finished
-Kilt, simple and earthy, down to the ankles, Finished. [Not sure how to approach this yet though]
-Hoof attachments for shoes
If I have time
-Chest Suit with arms and paws
-Small cape
-Foam Hammer or Staff of some sort.

EDIT: Erk, seems FA doesn't let you link from elsewhere, just their forums =( So right, I'm using my dropbox now, but I don't know if they like it being used like this or not =( We'll see. I don't think there will be /that/ much heavy traffic here!

Dernière édition par Chioxin le 2010-08-02, 22:31; édité 1 fois
Publicité

MessagePosté le: 2010-07-24, 17:20    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
soryane

Féminin Scorpion (23oct-21nov) 鷄 Coq

MessagePosté le: 2010-07-25, 08:20    Sujet du message: A tauren suit! Répondre en citant

this looks very good so far, looking forward to seeing it completed! good luck too! lol

Visiter le site web du posteur
Chioxin

MessagePosté le: 2010-08-01, 14:11    Sujet du message: A tauren suit! Répondre en citant

Thanks ^..^

Ok so, I want to start getting ready for the next part, and this sorta assumes that I need fur and stuff. I'm wondering where most people around here who do this sorta thing get their hair for it. I'm looking for rich dark browns and some lighter browns for the most part. I figured that would be easy. Also, I'm not quite sure how "fluffy" I should really make it. Considering they're sorta like horses, they have very short fur? Are there any suggestions for this? Maybe I should just go with fluffy anyway?

I'd like to make some parts fluffy, like the cheeks and behind them should be long strands of hair that stroke back. The top of the head should have progressively longer hair as well. Which reminds me, I actually need some black hair that can be cut, and some black long hair that can be braided and attached to all of this. Any suggestions on what I might want to look at for that too?

Chioxin

MessagePosté le: 2010-09-23, 20:10    Sujet du message: A tauren suit! Répondre en citant

Thought I'd share a progress photo.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/274237/Progress 9.1.JPG

Anjir

Masculin Taureau (20avr-20mai) 鷄 Coq

MessagePosté le: 2010-09-25, 13:52    Sujet du message: A tauren suit! Répondre en citant

awesome :O

Original Icon's Lineart by Alex_Dachshund

Chioxin

MessagePosté le: 2010-09-26, 00:51    Sujet du message: A tauren suit! Répondre en citant

And more!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/274237/Progress 10.1.JPG

It really feels good to be moving on this project now =) Though I'm about to hit a wall again =P

If anyone knows where to find THIS in montreal, please tell me. I really don't want to have to order it, and so far fabric stores don't know what the heck it is or how to find it. =(

Aile le Dragon

Masculin

MessagePosté le: 2010-10-10, 18:32    Sujet du message: A tauren suit! Répondre en citant

This looks like an embroidery canvas... you could go to a store that sell wool... they will probly be able to tell you where to find this! I've seen this before I am pretty sure... I will ask tomorrow someone I know that could know the name of a place that I am pretty sure she know where to find this!

Chioxin

MessagePosté le: 2010-10-10, 22:52    Sujet du message: A tauren suit! Répondre en citant

Thanks Aile!  I could still use it. I'm trying to sort out what I'm going to do about the eyes and the horns, and that mouth D=

Updates though!

Shaved his nose
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/274237/Progress 11.1.JPG

I also started on the vest. Someone pointed out it's not form fitting and rather straight. That was the intention. I'm not trying to do anything over complex at the moment, and personally form fitting would be very uncomfortable for this fellow!!! =)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/274237/Progress 12.1.JPG

Ya, crappy mirror shot =( I found out my fancy awesome camera doesn't have a "10 second shot" feature. Apparently professionals never need that feature!

And yes I realize that the lower end is slightly uneven =( Thank fully the design will put that under a lengthy kilt that NO ONE WILL SEE! Bwahaha!.... I'll figure out how to do it right when I remake this part some time next year =P  After I've improved.

wizzy

Masculin Capricorne (22déc-19jan) 蛇 Serpent

MessagePosté le: 2011-02-17, 06:28    Sujet du message: hey! Répondre en citant

i did not even know about your post here, you seem to be going full tilt and i can actually see your head. i was not really sure what i was looking at on your cell phone, you know us old pandas near sited and all that. these pics are so much clearer.sorry about last nite but it but i was really not well,hope we can get together soon,nice minotaur thingie and i really have to find the right name for your kilt (evil chuckle inserted here)my lips are sealed honest! anyway chow for now.wizzy wizz bam boom and kala ka zoom!

Moopa

Féminin Vierge (24aoû-22sep) 龍 Dragon

MessagePosté le: 2011-02-17, 09:42    Sujet du message: A tauren suit! Répondre en citant

wow, looking good. Have you tryed craft stores? They might have what your looking for.

Visiter le site web du posteur
Chioxin

MessagePosté le: 2011-02-17, 20:13    Sujet du message: A tauren suit! Répondre en citant

Thanks! I've looked at several craft stores and just don't know what to get really. However, Wizzy and Manny have recently opted to help out while they're doing their own thing so I'm hoping to learn a bit from them. Get a few pointers and a few materials they've been able to find that I could not for one reason or another. [What-a-ya-know... Walmart had it =P]

There has been more progress though Wink

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/274237/Progress 13.1.JPG

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 01:55    Sujet du message: A tauren suit!

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    MonFur Board Index du Forum -> MonFur Board -> Partager/Share -> Art Toutes les heures sont au format GMT - 5 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation