est.
July 23,
MonFur Board Index du Forum
MonFur (MONtréal FURry) est un groupe social de furs habitant a Montréal et environs. Dans ce forum vous trouverez plus de details sur nous, les membres, les furmeets et des liens sur trucs qui nous voulaions partager avec vous, notre invité. Allez-y explorer en clickant sur les boutons ci-dessus où les sujets ci-dessous! MonFur (MONtreal FURry) is a social group for furs living in Montreal and its surrounding areas. On this board you will find out more about us, our members, our furmeets, and find convenient links to some web stuff we wanted to share with you, our guest. Please explore by clicking the buttons above or the topics below!
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Hello, from Vancouver

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    MonFur Board Index du Forum -> MonFur Board -> Partager/Share -> Introductions
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Tamaska

Masculin Balance (23sep-22oct)

MessagePosté le: 2011-04-28, 12:26    Sujet du message: Hello, from Vancouver Répondre en citant

Hello Montreal furries, my name is Tamaska

In a few months (Likely in July) my partner (Koura) and I will be moving to Montreal. We aren't sure what part exactly yet (rue sainte catherine?), the plan is to drive until we get there and find what we can when we do (Ok, bad plan maybe but we're sticking to it)

Anyhow, I thought it might be best to introduce myself and get to know some of you so we might at least know someone before we get there

Perhaps when we do arrive, someone would be willing to show us around a bit? Neither of us have ever been, no pressure though

-Tamaska

Publicité

MessagePosté le: 2011-04-28, 12:26    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Moopa

Féminin Vierge (24aoû-22sep) 龍 Dragon

MessagePosté le: 2011-04-28, 13:23    Sujet du message: Hello, from Vancouver Répondre en citant

HI!

Its hard to find a place downtown, there are many area's or Montreal that are much better to live in and cheaper too.

Like Verdun, Lasalle, Lachine, Ville Emard and many more.

It always fun to meet new furries!!!!!

Visiter le site web du posteur
Twitchy

Féminin Gémeaux (21mai-20juin) 虎 Tigre

MessagePosté le: 2011-04-28, 18:00    Sujet du message: Hello, from Vancouver Répondre en citant

Hey!

It's too bad that you'll be about a month late for What the Fur. You'd definitely be able to meet a ton of furs there. But even with missing it, Monfur is especially active in the summers and you will have plenty of opportunity to meet a bunch of us at meets or the brunches (which are every second Sunday), and that's on top of the fact that a lot of us are sure to be happy to show you around town once you get here (myself included).

As for areas for living, it depends on what you will be looking for. Do you want to be close to public transit/metro? Would you prefer to live in a more anglophone/francophone area? Downtown or suburbs? Little stuff like that. 

If you have any questions feel free to ask/message me and I'll be happy to help in any way possible ^.^

~Twitchy

Tamaska

MessagePosté le: 2011-04-28, 18:44    Sujet du message: Hello, from Vancouver Répondre en citant

Twitchy:   It's nice to hear you do the brunches, the local fur community here has gone downhill

We are hoping to live downtown-ish, close to the metro is always good (I've seen the maps of yours, so much better then ours!)

Being that we both only speak English right now, being situated in the French part of town would not be good

Handa: Nice to meet you, we currently live downtown and know how hard it can be to find a place, but I suppose we will have to look around and see whats good for us

Firebreath

Masculin Vierge (24aoû-22sep) 狗 Chien

MessagePosté le: 2011-04-29, 08:16    Sujet du message: Hello, from Vancouver Répondre en citant

Hello Tamaska!
Welcome to our little corner of the intertubes. Smile

Glad to hear more people are coming in Montreal. It is a beautiful city with lots to offer (especially in the realm of potholes. XD).

As far as living downtown is concerned, be advised it's rather expensive (to put it mildly) and you might be better served (read: it is much more affordable) in the nearby suburbs and trying to be close to a metro station. Public transit is generally pretty good in this city, barring a few underserved areas (west island comes to mind). However, downtown is where all the action is, so if that's your cup of tea, go for it!
Obviously, it's all about what you guys are looking for. :3

I'll try not to repeat everything that was said already, but sure would be lovely to see you and your significant other at a brunch. We're a friendly, if a tad loud, bunch, and pretty much all of us are bilingual to various degrees.

If we don't talk again until then, I wish both of you a safe trip and happy times! Very Happy

wizzy

Masculin Capricorne (22déc-19jan) 蛇 Serpent

MessagePosté le: 2011-04-29, 11:23    Sujet du message: Hello, from Vancouver Répondre en citant

ah more vancouverites welcome!

lived in your city for about 10 years, miss the bc ferries gastown but not my old stompin grounds . my pad got broken into more times than i could care to count . anyway enough of the pleasantries . we got a great crowd here ,heck they even put up with me , warts and all . now that says a lot .hope you have a pleasant drive and i am sure we will meet soon after you get here i am almost always at the brunches .

i myself am right now looking for new digs . my old one has a lot of mold , i am looking in mostly the west lachine la salle  ville emard, and verdun . huggles wizzy Embarassed

Tamaska

MessagePosté le: 2011-07-18, 01:36    Sujet du message: Hello, from Vancouver Répondre en citant

It's been a while but we are finally (Almost) here

We have been driving for a while now and are likely to be in Montreal tomorrow

If anyone would like to show us around a bit it would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance - Tamaska & Koura

Viper

Masculin Taureau (20avr-20mai) 牛 Buffle

MessagePosté le: 2011-07-18, 09:57    Sujet du message: Hello, from Vancouver Répondre en citant

Welcome to the group! It is unfortunate that you are coming into town just as I'm heading back home to Ottawa, I am not living in Montreal but I do love to make the trip over for almost every brunch and activity I can afford to!

In anycase I do wish you alot of fun and alot of luck finding a place, did you guys come down with all your stuff or will you be going back to Vancouver again soon to get everything once you've secured a place

Tamaska

MessagePosté le: 2011-07-18, 22:44    Sujet du message: Hello, from Vancouver Répondre en citant

Can anyone suggest a cheap hotel that we can stay at for a week or so?

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 14:06    Sujet du message: Hello, from Vancouver

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    MonFur Board Index du Forum -> MonFur Board -> Partager/Share -> Introductions Toutes les heures sont au format GMT - 5 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation