est.
July 23,
MonFur Board Index du Forum
MonFur (MONtréal FURry) est un groupe social de furs habitant a Montréal et environs. Dans ce forum vous trouverez plus de details sur nous, les membres, les furmeets et des liens sur trucs qui nous voulaions partager avec vous, notre invité. Allez-y explorer en clickant sur les boutons ci-dessus où les sujets ci-dessous! MonFur (MONtreal FURry) is a social group for furs living in Montreal and its surrounding areas. On this board you will find out more about us, our members, our furmeets, and find convenient links to some web stuff we wanted to share with you, our guest. Please explore by clicking the buttons above or the topics below!
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Fursuit-Friendly Meets

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    MonFur Board Index du Forum -> MonFur Board -> Partager/Share -> Général / General
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Firebreath

Masculin Vierge (24aoû-22sep) 狗 Chien

MessagePosté le: 2011-07-26, 07:27    Sujet du message: Fursuit-Friendly Meets Répondre en citant

Hey guys, how's it going?

So I've been looking at our events so far, and see a distinctive lack of fursuit-friendly events. I understand a lot, if not the great majority, of Monfur doesn't own a fursuit (I, obviously, might be wrong), however I find it a bit sad, if not even frustrating as a suiter myself, that us as a group of furs seem inclined to make sure that this one wonderful aspect of our community isn't ever showcased.

I've made a quick compilation of the meets we had so far this year (first time using Googledocs in that fashion, feel free to tell me if the link isn't working), including announced meets that haven't happened yet as of today, and we have had one meet that was fursuit friendly (Walk for Kids Help Phone) and one that is potentially fursuit-friendly (Melee in the park).

Maybe it's just me, however I'm feeling a serious lack of love for fursuits in our community so far.

I'm all for variety and everything, however it would be nice, once in every while, to have fursuiters come out with their gear and have fun in suit, too! We already have so few and sparse opportunities, I think it's a bit of a shame that we aren't showcasing at all that aspect of our fandom.

Just my 2 cents...

Visiter le site web du posteur
Publicité

MessagePosté le: 2011-07-26, 07:27    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
holy wolf

Masculin Taureau (20avr-20mai)

MessagePosté le: 2011-07-29, 09:59    Sujet du message: Fursuit-Friendly Meets Répondre en citant

Agreed, not a lot of events are fuirsuit friendly then again there's a lot of meets! So if one every two month is fursuit friendly i guess it's a good average. Considering the type of meets we do i don't see it happenning anymore then that

Firebreath

MessagePosté le: 2011-08-02, 16:53    Sujet du message: Fursuit-Friendly Meets Répondre en citant

holy wolf a écrit:
So if one every two month is fursuit friendly i guess it's a good average. Considering the type of meets we do i don't see it happenning anymore then that
Yes and no; winter usually isn't that fursuit-friendly in Montreal; slush and calcium will tear through paws.
Fall and Summer are really the two seasons we could kind of hope to bring them out. Since we already have 6-8 months out of scope, that leaves us 6-4 months to actually have anything involving suiters.

Just my 2 cents..

Sifu

Masculin Verseau (20jan-19fev)

MessagePosté le: 2011-08-02, 23:37    Sujet du message: Fursuit-Friendly Meets Répondre en citant

I do agree with you,
but first I have a question, how was the miniput not fursuit friendly? Yes I understand that it was kind of dark in there, but it's still well lit, right?

Next, if you want some fursuit friendly meets/events, why don't you propose some activites to do? I'm sure we would all like to follow you in any events you create.

Firebreath

MessagePosté le: 2011-08-04, 08:21    Sujet du message: Fursuit-Friendly Meets Répondre en citant

Sifu a écrit:
I do agree with you,
but first I have a question, how was the miniput not fursuit friendly? Yes I understand that it was kind of dark in there, but it's still well lit, right?

"Well-lit" is a very relative term when it comes to fursuiting; what may look like fine on it's own all of a sudden becomes nearly invisible behind mesh eyes. Some people with "free look" (for lack of a better term - without any obstacle for vision other than the muzzle and/or mask) fursuits would be more than able to navigate black-lit areas. However, "mascot"-style heads, which already lose a lot of light and definition in their vision, would have found it harduous, at best, to navigate the course, much less play the game.
Not to mention if there are many small obstacles, they all of a sudden become nearly impossible to see (reduced field of vision + lack of light = blind suiter).

Normally, I give the Halloween bowling meet as bare safe minimum lighting; it's still darker than most other places, however it's still easily navigated and the play area is actually well-lit.

As for planning my own, I already have one under my belt and might be looking at a second one; I just don't want to make stuff that is fursuit-centric (which is what I've been doing lately), but have general meets, not only the ones I'm planning, be more fursuit-friendly (not centric), which is why I posted this.

Chioxin

Masculin Poissons (20fev-20mar)

MessagePosté le: 2011-08-17, 21:05    Sujet du message: Fursuit-Friendly Meets Répondre en citant

Just out of curiousity, how many are there? I was out over in Vancouver during the summer and they seem to have a bowling suit meet once a month. If you're keen, maybe that should be set up. That or putt putt, or something. *Shrugs*

wizzy

Masculin Capricorne (22déc-19jan) 蛇 Serpent

MessagePosté le: 2011-09-13, 08:13    Sujet du message: Fursuit-Friendly Meets Répondre en citant

there may be three suit friendly events coming up , concept , monfur halloween bowling and like last year the otakuthon halloween party . there were over a dozen suiters at the otakuthon halloween party . lighting sucked but it seemed fun was had by all. and at concept last year is where i first met all the monfur suiters and got turned to the fuzzy side. and firebreath was so kind to me at my first monfur meet the bowling thingie where my pinkies swelled up so much i almost ended up following the bowling ball to the pins. but there are other times of the year where it would be nice to have suit friendly events where one does not have to travel out of province. Sad huggles cousin wizzy Okay

Chioxin

Masculin Poissons (20fev-20mar)

MessagePosté le: 2011-10-12, 18:04    Sujet du message: Fursuit-Friendly Meets Répondre en citant

Here's me adding another possibility... Is anyone doing a "Fur Suit Candy Give Out" kinda thing? I mean, it would be really cool to hang out at someone's house in costume and give out candy to those who come up to the door? No? =D

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 00:16    Sujet du message: Fursuit-Friendly Meets

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    MonFur Board Index du Forum -> MonFur Board -> Partager/Share -> Général / General Toutes les heures sont au format GMT - 5 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation