est.
July 23,
MonFur Board Index du Forum
MonFur (MONtréal FURry) est un groupe social de furs habitant a Montréal et environs. Dans ce forum vous trouverez plus de details sur nous, les membres, les furmeets et des liens sur trucs qui nous voulaions partager avec vous, notre invité. Allez-y explorer en clickant sur les boutons ci-dessus où les sujets ci-dessous! MonFur (MONtreal FURry) is a social group for furs living in Montreal and its surrounding areas. On this board you will find out more about us, our members, our furmeets, and find convenient links to some web stuff we wanted to share with you, our guest. Please explore by clicking the buttons above or the topics below!
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

From the Shadows I come...

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    MonFur Board Index du Forum -> MonFur Board -> Partager/Share -> Introductions
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Hainite

Masculin Poissons (20fev-20mar) 龍 Dragon

MessagePosté le: 2011-10-03, 20:33    Sujet du message: From the Shadows I come... Répondre en citant

Hello everyone! Name's Hainite Drassek! I figured I might as well get involved since I seem to be here to stay. Been reading a bit on these forums and I think there's something interesting going on.

I moved to Montreal a few months ago, coming from Quebec City where I was born, raised and trained to become the ultimate software engineer, a fancy name for a programmer. I finished university and figured I didn't want to work for the government or boring casual gaming firms (2 internships done there burned me) so I looked for opportunities and found interesting stuff in Montreal. With most people I know spreading around as well, I figured moving out of my native "village" (as Montrealers often say  Very Happy  ) would be a good idea.

So here I am in this big town, a few months later, getting used to life on my own, finally having settled down into something stable and looking forward to exploring what's around. I've known about this group for a few years, but distance and being busy with school and work kind of kept me away.

I haven't met a lot of furries in my life. Unless they're closeted ones. Some of you may remember another guy from Quebec, a certain Bahamut Dragons (clever name, I know), who visited you a few times and took part in some Camp Feral fun. He's pretty much the only one I know. Quite well, since we went out together for like 2 years before deciding that simple friendship was better for both of us...

Anyway, despite not much contact with furries, I'm still quite at ease with the whole thing. Probably because I have a very casual, "don't take it too seriously" attitude about it. I don't run around screaming about it, but ask my friends who they think about when they hear about furries and suddenly I'll have 10 hands pointing at me. Besides, I feel like stating "Oh hey guys, I'm a furry" to them would be kind of like saying "oh hey, wanna know a good one guys? I'm gay" after I've been carrying a boyfriend around for two years.  

So who am I anyway? I'm a young guy, fresh out of school, working in this big city. I like to think of myself as relatively funny once I get going. I certainly have unusual views of the world sometimes. I'm also a big fan of, well, dragons, dinosaurs, werewolves, demons, minotaurs, lizards, aliens, blah blah, basically anything that goes rawr! RAWR dammit!

I'm a big gaming fan. I have a preference for more skill-oriented games rather than story / experience-focused games. Real-time strategy games rank highly on my list, and I've yet to find someone who could beat me reliably at any of them. I've been known to make some people cry  Twisted Evil . I do enjoy a wide variety of games though, and I occasionally foray into stuff like trading card games too.

I'm more of a nerd than a geek. Math and physics are big turn-ons to me, more than comic books or science fiction figurines. If you ever wanted to know how something works or why something does not ("why haven't we invented infinite energy yet?!? it's so simple, look I drew a picture of my idea!"), chances are I can improvise an explanation. Unless it involves complex quantum physics. Then I'll just babble weird names and theorems while hoping no one can call out I'm a fake.

I am also, obviously, an avid programmer. I like mixing games and programming in order to... program games! I've been working on one lately, a furry-themed tower defense. It can be found on my furaffinity page (http://www.furaffinity.net/user/hainite). Theres a wide variety of stuff in there too: music, writings, a few pictures I drew. I'm not much of an artist, which is why I certainly could use a real artist to help me with the game  Razz . But I still enjoy the process of drawing and I've certainly been trying to improve over the years. Be warned that there is indeed some nasty stuff on that page. But to be fair, if you see it, it's because you kind of wanted to.

So that's me in a nutshell... Oh, the character? Right, I was forgetting about it. Hainite's a green anthro dragon, average size, average build. He's a cunning and agile fellow, unlike most dragons who tend to be strong, imposing beasts. He still manages to find ways to look badass from time to time. He's a rogue, at ease when night falls, always out to do the business that others consider too dirty. Sometimes he works to better society, sometimes just to line his pockets. Overall, a cheerful fellow who enjoys messing with people and showing them that everything is not always what it seems to be.

So yeah, that about wraps it up. I do speak French natively, I just figured English would reach more people and I am absolutely not typing this thing twice. So, looking forward to knowing more about ya'll !

Publicité

MessagePosté le: 2011-10-03, 20:33    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Silver

Masculin Poissons (20fev-20mar) 兔 Lapin

MessagePosté le: 2011-10-04, 09:57    Sujet du message: From the Shadows I come... Répondre en citant

Welcome to the jungle then =) Watch out for those falling Concrete Berries and tumbling bridge vines. They'll getcha good if you aren't careful! 

Visiter le site web du posteur
Hainite

MessagePosté le: 2011-10-05, 23:05    Sujet du message: From the Shadows I come... Répondre en citant

*obligatory "your fursona is hawt" comment*

I'll try to watch myself. I guess living in montreal gets you used to concrete falling randomly........... ok that was a bit harsh.

Regardless, is there such a thing as a brunch this weekend? I guess that'd be the best occasion to get to know some people. I'm up if you welcome my presence

Silver

Masculin Poissons (20fev-20mar) 兔 Lapin

MessagePosté le: 2011-10-06, 13:44    Sujet du message: From the Shadows I come... Répondre en citant

Well thanks Wink Yes, there's a brunch up this Sunday if I'm not mistaken. I'll be there alone if I am wrong XD

Edit: Beware of the craters too.

LoopyWolf
Administrateur

Masculin Balance (23sep-22oct)

MessagePosté le: 2011-10-10, 11:30    Sujet du message: From the Shadows I come... Répondre en citant

If you think his fursona is hawt, you should see the real thing Wink

Was nice to see you at brunch, see ya!
Monfur #0

Anjir

Masculin Taureau (20avr-20mai) 鷄 Coq

MessagePosté le: 2011-10-11, 19:19    Sujet du message: From the Shadows I come... Répondre en citant

Hehe, welcome to monfur ^.^ I hope you'll enjoy hanging out with us =p

Original Icon's Lineart by Alex_Dachshund

Hainite

MessagePosté le: 2011-10-13, 21:01    Sujet du message: From the Shadows I come... Répondre en citant

Just wanted to say, it was cool meeting y'all at the brunch. I use "meeting" in a very general way, considering there were a lot of you and I didnt nearly get a chance to get to know everyone. And that would be too much for me at once anyway. I did get to know a handful of you better, and I may even remember a few names! I'll try and get to know a few more people each time I participate in something. 

Anyway, thanks for being so welcoming. I guess you're used to new people randomly popping up, but still it was nice to not feel like the FNG (****ing new guy). Had fun afterwards too. Looking forward to another event! 

LoopyWolf
Administrateur

Masculin Balance (23sep-22oct)

MessagePosté le: 2011-10-13, 21:35    Sujet du message: From the Shadows I come... Répondre en citant

Brunches are not so great for meeting everybody, but try coming to the bowling - it's a meet
Meets make it much easier to socialize with all sorts of people
Monfur #0

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 21:05    Sujet du message: From the Shadows I come...

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    MonFur Board Index du Forum -> MonFur Board -> Partager/Share -> Introductions Toutes les heures sont au format GMT - 5 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation