est.
July 23,
MonFur Board Index du Forum
MonFur (MONtréal FURry) est un groupe social de furs habitant a Montréal et environs. Dans ce forum vous trouverez plus de details sur nous, les membres, les furmeets et des liens sur trucs qui nous voulaions partager avec vous, notre invité. Allez-y explorer en clickant sur les boutons ci-dessus où les sujets ci-dessous! MonFur (MONtreal FURry) is a social group for furs living in Montreal and its surrounding areas. On this board you will find out more about us, our members, our furmeets, and find convenient links to some web stuff we wanted to share with you, our guest. Please explore by clicking the buttons above or the topics below!
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

I'm not so good at this but well... Here goes.

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    MonFur Board Index du Forum -> MonFur Board -> Partager/Share -> Introductions
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Koori

Masculin

MessagePosté le: 2012-01-09, 14:41    Sujet du message: I'm not so good at this but well... Here goes. Répondre en citant

I guess I should introduce myself to start things up, right? Someone specific actually told me about this place, which is kinda why I'm here but anyway, let's talk about the whole "thing" that is responsible for me being here. Which means that I may ramble on for quite a bit but I doubt that I'll do that since my English is far from perfect. (Purrfect? Hoho. Ok, I'm going to stop this now.)

You may call me Koori, I'll just add to this info that my name is Marc, I'm from a town called Joliette. (Some of you probably know about it since it isn't that much of some lost place.) I'm really new to the furry fandom although I should've been in there for so long, I never managed to realize that I actually was a furry before December 22nd, 2011. It has been a struggle, I must say I was really surprised to feel something like that and I thought I was ready to accept just anything about myself, I still wonder why I was hesistating, as I just feel so right since then. My life took a completely different turn, starting the day where I found out that I'm actually a furry. Anyway, this story started when I was 4 years old, playing Dragon Warrior 3 on the NES. That's as far as I can remember.

You can see it coming. Here goes. I'm a dragon.

Seriously, I really don't know what I've been doing with my life until I got to this critical point, last December. I've always felt hollow at some point, as if something was missing. As if I wasn't even someone, a lurking shell among a whole world that I despised, a world which I completely felt hopeless towards the constant stupidity that I could witness through medias and my own eyes. I tried to fill that emptyness with things like culture but I ended up having no motivations. Anyway, I'll just sort it out as a timeline so you guys can actually understand what I mean a little bit more. Or at least, I'll try to do that. (No, my story is nothing near dramatic, sorry if I ever make it sound like that.)

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

First of all, as I said before, I think everything started when I played Dragon Warrior 3 on the NES for the first time, it was my first gaming experience and it had dragons in it, haha. I loved this game so much, I also loved the opening sequence where you can see Ortega fighting with a dragon, they end up falling both in the volcano, I felt sad for the dragon back then, I was 4 years old but anyway, yeah. I grew up kinda quick, being fascinated by those creatures but why? I don't know, it just has been natural to me I guess. I don't remember a lot of things from when I was a kid, I've been bullied a lot, which is kinda funny when you think about it right now because it'd never happen again.

I wouldn't let it happen anyway. (Also, I'm making this a little bit short so you guys don't have to read the biggest thing ever.)

Life went on, (I'm skipping so many years I must say, I really want to talk about this "emptyness" I felt through my last years but anyway.) I managed to play a lot of games through my life, always being fascinated by dragons. I don't know if anyone knows about the "Lost Kingdoms" series? I played this game on the Gamecube back then, I instantly fell in love with the Black Dragon, especially. (Not literally, of course) I still remember this game so well, anyway, I'm not only talking about games here. It's just ironic that it's always been related like that, especially the whole "denial" attempt that I went through, which was utterly stupid in my opinion but well. (Considering I had an IMVU account with a Black Dragon as my main avatar... That was probably a year ago though.)

You know, I ended up having to finish math classes in some adult school because I've failed at this. I worked for two years for Zellers in Joliette, and I must say that when it happened, I was something like 18 or 19. I've always been interested in Psychology, which is why I wanted to study it, while I was working there. I've always felt like something was missing, like I'd need to find out stuff about me. I wondered for so long, telling myself that maybe I was gay, maybe I was... Anyway, you get the point. I never told myself : "Hey, maybe you're a furry". I don't know why, I didn't.

I got back to school after two years of work, which is completely against the statistics. Completely. I always felt like I had to make up to this emptyness by trying to fill myself with things like "knowledge" and intelligence. I felt like I'd have no purpose in life if at least, I couldn't manage to be the best at something but... Being the best isn't something I could pull off with the feeling I had and I'll also put it that way : I'm really not the most brillant person in the universe. I know I'm not dumb or something but still, it killed me from the inside to see that my brother barely needed efforts to succeed in everything he was doing.

I thought I had a purpose but all I really wanted was to know what was wrong with myself. I wanted to know why I felt this way for so long but I couldn't. I felt so depressed, feeling like I would never grasp the whole "thing" behind this feeling and all my life, I've been acting like I had "phantom limbs", if you know what I'm talking about? I don't know if that's the exact term but you know, wagging an invisible tail and such? I've done that for so many years... Anyway, as I moped around, doing nothing interesting, I decided I would register to some random RP-ing forum, picking the name "Koori". After I did, one of my friends from college (which I met because I brought a Pokemon plushie on a single day) told me that they'd start playing a table game called World of Darkness, something I had never tried before.

The first game happened on December 22nd, 2011.

I got there and we had to design our characters, the game master claimed that it'd be a game for the fun of it, using the old World of Darkness rules, in a setting where we would RP as ourselves in Joliette, she had a ton of books about different races and stuff and that's when she just handed me the book about dragons and stuff. When I read that Black dragons are born during winter, I was wondering why she handed me that book in the first place.

Then, at some point in the book, I saw the name : "Koori" and I wa shocked about this because when it happened, I was scrolling through pages. Anyway, a lot happened since then. But I think that's where the most evident thing struck at my face. When I told them that I'm a furry, they simply looked at me, and started laughing claiming that : "It was about time you noticed."

Typing this text was hard because I've always been someone very cynical, waiting to see where Humanity could go deep down into the abysses of it's own stupidity. I won't hide the fact that this pessimist side of me still exists, I just feel so different since then, I've changed a lot. And not only that, since I've acknowledged everything, I finally feel happy about stuff in my life.

I think I rambled on for too long so I'll just cut this here for now. Sorry about the overwhelming seriousness, I don't think it happens THAT much but when it does, well... I do have some things to say I guess. Thanks for reading this, I hope we can be friends!

^w^

Publicité

MessagePosté le: 2012-01-09, 14:41    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
hf-fox

Masculin

MessagePosté le: 2012-01-09, 15:04    Sujet du message: I'm not so good at this but well... Here goes. Répondre en citant

Welcome Koori,

For the short time that I have been part of the furry community it does seem to be something that repeats itself often. Unless you are aware of the community existance you will probably never be able to make the connections together. But once everything fall in place it does feel really good.

If I had an alternate fursona it would probably be a dragon. I don't know if you heard of eragon (The books and not the movie, the movie was really not good), but that would be one of my sources of dragon inspiration among many others. 

once again welcome,

Hf 

Firebreath

Masculin Vierge (24aoû-22sep) 狗 Chien

MessagePosté le: 2012-01-09, 17:47    Sujet du message: I'm not so good at this but well... Here goes. Répondre en citant

Welcome aboard, Koori!

Don't worry about your english being far from perfect; most of us here are at least bilingual to various degrees, so if you are experiencing issues writing it in english, feel free to switch to french. ;3

And don't worry about being "new" to the fandom. Even us old timers have had to start somewhere (I'm going on 13 years in it myself now, and I know I'm far from being the "most experienced" one here. ;3 ). As long as you enjoy yourself, it's all that matters.

I'd point you towards the brunches, upcoming meets and What The Fur convention if you want to explore the whole aspect of our community a little more.
Besides that, have fun and, once more, welcome! :3

Visiter le site web du posteur
Silver

Masculin Poissons (20fev-20mar) 兔 Lapin

MessagePosté le: 2012-01-09, 20:22    Sujet du message: I'm not so good at this but well... Here goes. Répondre en citant

Yeah no worries about the English bit, like puppy said. Most of us are bilingual to some extend. Myself included. I can say Oui, Non, Toaster! (Kidding X3)

So yeah, welcome to the fun! You're pretty far out in the boonies. I hope we get to meet you at some point for an event or two soon!

Sifu

Masculin Verseau (20jan-19fev)

MessagePosté le: 2012-01-12, 01:16    Sujet du message: I'm not so good at this but well... Here goes. Répondre en citant

*waves energetically (is that a word? xD)*

My fursona is actually half dragon Wink! I was going for a dragon for my fursona, but it ended in that mixed fox/dragon character ^-^!

Anywho, nice little biography x)!

Wishes to see you at some meets (even though I can only get to Montréal at the big meets.. Living farther than you from Montréal and having a too old car, this is the cause xD!)

Firebreath

Masculin Vierge (24aoû-22sep) 狗 Chien

MessagePosté le: 2012-01-12, 13:31    Sujet du message: I'm not so good at this but well... Here goes. Répondre en citant

Sifu a écrit:
*waves energetically (is that a word? xD)*

My fursona is actually half dragon Wink! I was going for a dragon for my fursona, but it ended in that mixed fox/dragon character ^-^!

Anywho, nice little biography x)!

Wishes to see you at some meets (even though I can only get to Montréal at the big meets.. Living farther than you from Montréal and having a too old car, this is the cause xD!)

Tu sais que le 28, on s'en va dans ton coin de pays, right? Razz

Sifu

MessagePosté le: 2012-01-12, 14:57    Sujet du message: I'm not so good at this but well... Here goes. Répondre en citant

Dans mon coin de pays? Ça reste à 1h - 1h15 de chez moi pareil xD! J'appelle pas ça "mon coin de pays" rofl xD

Silver

Masculin Poissons (20fev-20mar) 兔 Lapin

MessagePosté le: 2012-01-12, 15:12    Sujet du message: I'm not so good at this but well... Here goes. Répondre en citant

You're difficult Sifu! Allow me to translate. You are going (against your will potentially) you're gonna slide down icy patches of death (really fun) and then you'll be teleported back to your corner of the province (you must be rich owning part of the world, A+) promptly (long drive, is not instantaneous as teleporting sounds). =3

Okay I'll stop being silly now XD

Sifu

MessagePosté le: 2012-01-12, 15:53    Sujet du message: I'm not so good at this but well... Here goes. Répondre en citant

@Silver
Pfeuh pfeuh pfeuh
Actually as long as I don't have to drive IN Montréal with my car, it'll be allright.
Only thing right now that holds me is school.

Koori

Masculin

MessagePosté le: 2012-01-12, 18:34    Sujet du message: I'm not so good at this but well... Here goes. Répondre en citant

Haha, just read all of this, you guys (and girls, and everything) are awesome, we'll probably end up seeing each other someday, I do intend to attend a lot of conventions and stuff so yeah, I guess it's already settled. We shall meet someday! :3

*Hugs* I'm glad I got here, also, thanks for the warm welcome! <3~

Moopa

Féminin Vierge (24aoû-22sep) 龍 Dragon

MessagePosté le: 2012-01-12, 20:43    Sujet du message: I'm not so good at this but well... Here goes. Répondre en citant

sorry it took me so long, welcome!!! hope to see you and meet you soon

Tisonna

Féminin Sagittaire (22nov-21déc) 龍 Dragon

MessagePosté le: 2012-01-21, 00:32    Sujet du message: I'm not so good at this but well... Here goes. Répondre en citant

Hello brother!! Very Happy

you should find(make) an imagine for you fursona as a reference Smile would be neat

Hainite

Masculin Poissons (20fev-20mar) 龍 Dragon

MessagePosté le: 2012-02-28, 21:05    Sujet du message: I'm not so good at this but well... Here goes. Répondre en citant

Rawr to you, fellow dragon. You've got an interesting story to tell. It is a path that has indeed been travelled by many of our community. Feeling like part of you is missing. Feeling like the world is going nowhere. I can't say that's how it was for me, but I know some people who share your history. It is nice that your friends' reaction was what you said it was. It is telling, and a sign that it is your natural way of being.

I'm relatively new to this community as well, having not been in Montréal for very long. Been a fur for considerably longer though, several years, but like you, I can pinpoint something in my very early childhood that paved the way to what I am now. If my parents could have foreseen that, they'd never have bought me that dinosaur cartoon movie Razz

That, and games. Always been a fan of anything that involved some kind of beast race. Whenever there were no statistical disadvantage, I'd go for that. As cool as it looks, if another race has a few extra advantages, my min / maxing self will go for that. But I always kept an eye for those cool-looking fellows. The lizardmen in Heroes of Might and Magic III, the beastmen set in Yu-Gi-Oh. Dragon-like monsters in Final Fantasy games. Heck, I remember renting Lost Kingdoms years ago. I can still remember the battle music. I'm pretty sure I noticed that dragon as well. Once you start noticing those beasties, you never go back...

Anyway, I'm french myself, so if you're around I'm always up for getting to know people better. I ain't too good when its very crowded, hard to get to know people for the first time. But I'm looking forward to catching you around. I don't go to many events, I always seem to have something else going on, but I should be there at some point.

LoopyWolf
Administrateur

Masculin Balance (23sep-22oct)

MessagePosté le: 2012-03-06, 20:08    Sujet du message: I'm not so good at this but well... Here goes. Répondre en citant

Bienvenue abord!
Monfur #0

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 19:02    Sujet du message: I'm not so good at this but well... Here goes.

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    MonFur Board Index du Forum -> MonFur Board -> Partager/Share -> Introductions Toutes les heures sont au format GMT - 5 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation