est.
July 23,
MonFur Board Index du Forum
MonFur (MONtréal FURry) est un groupe social de furs habitant a Montréal et environs. Dans ce forum vous trouverez plus de details sur nous, les membres, les furmeets et des liens sur trucs qui nous voulaions partager avec vous, notre invité. Allez-y explorer en clickant sur les boutons ci-dessus où les sujets ci-dessous! MonFur (MONtreal FURry) is a social group for furs living in Montreal and its surrounding areas. On this board you will find out more about us, our members, our furmeets, and find convenient links to some web stuff we wanted to share with you, our guest. Please explore by clicking the buttons above or the topics below!
 FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Visiting Montreal

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    MonFur Board Index du Forum -> MonFur Board -> Partager/Share -> Introductions
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Azzy

Masculin

MessagePosté le: 2012-07-05, 19:33    Sujet du message: Visiting Montreal Répondre en citant

Salut! Je m'appelle Azzy, je suis un raton leveur brun, j'habite Londres, et mon francais n'est pas tres bon...

...so hopefully I can be forgiven for reverting to English before I butcher the French language any further.

So, er, yes. Assuming I have remembered what little French I learnt at school at least passably, hello, I'm Azzy, a raccoon from London (the UK one, not the Ontario one). I've just discovered I'll be spending a few weeks at McGill at some point over the next couple of months, so thought I'd go seeing what the local fuzzies get up to.

More generally, any insider knowledge about what to see/do would be appreciated, particularly if you have any tips on where to go to see some raccoons (since that's not something the tourist guides tend to cover :p). Also, I have some flexibility in when I head over, so if there are any events (or even just the weather) that would make visiting one month better than another, that would be handy to know too.

In the meantime, I shall go back to trying to relearn what little French I was taught at school, although hopefully you guys can reassure me that I should be able to get by with a "parlez-vous anglais?" and a hopeful smile. Oh, and my MSN/AIM details (assuming I haven't messed up somewhere) should be in my profile, if anyone fancies a chat.

Dernière édition par Azzy le 2013-06-13, 18:44; édité 1 fois
Publicité

MessagePosté le: 2012-07-05, 19:33    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
soryane

Féminin Scorpion (23oct-21nov) 鷄 Coq

MessagePosté le: 2012-07-06, 06:54    Sujet du message: Visiting Montreal Répondre en citant

Welcome aboard! most of the group is bilingual, you won't have issues communicating with us... your french seems pretty decent though Smile keep at it! Looking forward to maybe meeting you, hope you'll enjoy your visit in our beautiful city!

Visiter le site web du posteur
Azzy

Masculin

MessagePosté le: 2012-07-06, 22:45    Sujet du message: Visiting Montreal Répondre en citant

soryane a écrit:
Welcome aboard! most of the group is bilingual, you won't have issues communicating with us... your french seems pretty decent though Smile keep at it! Looking forward to maybe meeting you, hope you'll enjoy your visit in our beautiful city!

Thanks Smile although I think I used up pretty much all of my French in that one post... I've been meaning to brush up for years, so this seemed like as good a motivation as any, but it's reassuring to know I won't be too lost if I don't get very far!

Mecho

Masculin Capricorne (22déc-19jan)

MessagePosté le: 2012-07-09, 05:10    Sujet du message: Visiting Montreal Répondre en citant

Do you know when you will be in town?
I am pretty good at showing all the geeky spots in town to people and I would love to show you around! I will have to do the same to my new flatmate who is coming from France in august, it sounds like a match made in heaven Smile

Contact me if you are interested!
JP

Azzy

Masculin

MessagePosté le: 2012-07-10, 09:10    Sujet du message: Visiting Montreal Répondre en citant

Mecho a écrit:
Do you know when you will be in town?
I am pretty good at showing all the geeky spots in town to people and I would love to show you around! I will have to do the same to my new flatmate who is coming from France in august, it sounds like a match made in heaven Smile

Contact me if you are interested!
JP
Being shown around the geeky spots sounds great to me, thanks - once I know slightly more precise dates expect me to prod you about your offer Smile My guess is that it will be some time in September, but I'm somewhat at the mercy on precisely when my research colleague over there is available.

hf-fox

Masculin

MessagePosté le: 2012-07-10, 10:11    Sujet du message: Visiting Montreal Répondre en citant

Welcome to Monfur,

If you are concerned about your french you probably have little to worry about. Montreal is a city where you could live entirely in English or French and never have a problem. Montreal as some really nice universities and mcgill is one of them.

See you around when you are in town,

Hf

Krabby

Féminin Gémeaux (21mai-20juin) 兔 Lapin

MessagePosté le: 2012-07-10, 16:26    Sujet du message: Visiting Montreal Répondre en citant

can't wait to see you ! we should do a meet when you know when you are coming Smile

Azzy

Masculin

MessagePosté le: 2012-07-11, 12:39    Sujet du message: Visiting Montreal Répondre en citant

Encouraging stuff, thanks guys. Suffice to say I will be prepared for slightly more formal planning once I have more precise dates in mind, but it's good to find such friendly early communications. Smile

Moopa

Féminin Vierge (24aoû-22sep) 龍 Dragon

MessagePosté le: 2012-07-11, 14:36    Sujet du message: Visiting Montreal Répondre en citant

there is always something to do in Montreal

Visiter le site web du posteur
Azzy

Masculin

MessagePosté le: 2012-08-17, 11:00    Sujet du message: Visiting Montreal Répondre en citant

Hi again, just thought I'd drop in to say that it looks like I'll be in Montreal for most of September. I should be landing on either the 31st of August, or the 1st of September, spending two weeks working, and then a couple of weeks of pure holiday. My partner (also a fur - a tiger) is hoping to join me for the last couple of weeks, so there should be two of us prowling around towards the end of the month.

If you guys have any suggestions for things to do/see during September, then, that would be great (I've already heard from Mecho about the Montreal Comiccon, which is currently the only definite thing on my itinerary). Other half-formed plans include a trip to Quebec and/or Toronto, and I'm hoping to be organised enough to drop in on a meet or two, will be fun to see how the Monfurs do it Smile

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 00:26    Sujet du message: Visiting Montreal

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    MonFur Board Index du Forum -> MonFur Board -> Partager/Share -> Introductions Toutes les heures sont au format GMT - 5 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation